(FULL) 5 Day Virtual Intimate Partner Violence Training
The 5-Day Statewide Comprehensive Intimate Partner Violence Training for Advocates and Professionals will begin on August 3, 2021. This year, due to COVID-19, we will hold the training online. All attendees must commit to attending all five days of the training in full. Please note that each day will have a different zoom link, which will be sent to attendees one week before the training.
Round 3- August 2021
- Day 1: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Day 2: Tuesday, August 10, 2021
- Day 3: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- Day 4: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Day 5: Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racist Framework
- Domestic Violence Dynamics
- Survivor-Centered Advocacy
- Primary Prevention
- Abuse Intervention
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Safety Planning
- Working with marginalized survivors (immigrant survivors, LGBTQ survivors, justice-involved survivors, etc.)
- Working with survivors across the age spectrum (children through older adults)
- Reducing and Preventing Vicarious Trauma and Burnout
Who Should Attend?
Any professional that works directly with domestic violence survivors, their children, or abusers:
- Domestic Violence Service Providers (Shelter Staff, Advocates, Therapists, Abuse Intervention Staff)
- Government Social Service Employees (Adult Protective Services, Child Welfare, DHS, Supervised Visitation, Juvenile Services)
- Law Enforcement (Patrol, Supervisors, Probation/Parole, Corrections)
- Legal/Court (Attorneys, Victim-Witness Specialists, Judges, Clerks)
- Education (K-12, Campus Disciplinary, Title IX, Faculty)
- Community-Based (Substance Use Professionals, Immigration, Transitional Housing)
- Health Care (Nurses, Physicians, Community Health Advocates, Mental Health Providers)
- Faith/Religious Leaders
How much is the training?
- There is NO COST to attend this training! It’s FREE!
What’s the content level for this training?
Basic: For professionals just beginning their work with survivors, or who have not had much training on working with survivors. (0-2 years’ experience)
Intermediate: For professionals who have a basic understanding of best practices for working with survivors. (2-5 years’ experience)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Social Work CEUs available?
Yes! 25 Category 1 Social Work CEUs are available. Social Work CEUs are free if you are an Individual Member of MNADV, or you work or volunteer for an organization that is a Member of MNADV. The cost is $125 ($5 per credit hour) for non-members. To register for CEUs, click HERE.
Are CEUs available for non-social workers (LCPC, LPCC, LCMHC, etc.)?
MNADV is not pre-certified to offer CEUs for other disciplines. However, you are encouraged to individually reach out to your licensing board to inquire whether the CEU certificate from us for this training could count towards your licensure.
When will I receive my Certificate of Attendance or Social Work CEU?
We will make every effort to email you your CEU certificate within one month of the end of this training. Please email Tony Korol-Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
I lost my CEU or Certificate. Can you re-send it?
Yes. Please email Tony Korol-Evans at email@example.com.
How will I access the training online?
All registrants will receive a detailed email with materials and instructions on how to access the training.
Will materials be available?
Yes, PowerPoints and handouts will be available for participants.
What is your cancellation policy?
MNADV understands that sometimes life gets in the way. If you need to cancel your registration, please do so at least 48 hours in advance, as many of our trainings have a waitlist. Please cancel by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can’t make it anymore, but my colleague can. Can this person take my place?
No – please cancel your registration and have your colleague register on their own so they receive any email instructions prior to the training.
For any further questions or concerns, please contact Lucane LaFortune, Deputy Director of Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence at email@example.com We look forward to seeing you!